Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Wednesday evening tunes:


Playlist of the eving. Short listening sesh, have to get up early. I hate the early shift at work.


HELLNATION with the latest pressing of their 1st album. With Albert (RIP) not on drums but on bass and backup vocals. The repress comes with a proper inlay with photos and lyrics and three bonus tracks!! The 1st press came out on Sound Pullution 30yrs ago. Dang I'm old! Repress on Fight for your mind records / France


NAXEN ist a German Black Metal band on Vendetta records. Great atmospheric BM. Unfortunately the blastbeats could have been produced louder! I love this album anyway. A new album is in the making right now.


I don't know why VERMIN WOMB signed with Closed Casket Activities, a label known mainly for their hardcore releases. But who cares? This album is insanly hard. It's the band's most brutal release yet. No compromise grindcore. So hard it almost tends to noisecore. Very unusual for Closed Casket. But I am greatful that they stepped out of their comfort zone with this album. 


Last but not least CRYPTIC VOID's latest release. EU pressing on Regurgite Semen, US pressing on To live a lie. C. V. origin from Huston Tx. and you know what that means. Members of Insect Warfare, Nibiru, Türbokrieg etc. So it's no coincidence that CRYPTIC VOID sound like they do. A mix of the named above. Great production as well. Exactly how I love my grindrecords to sound. If you want to do me a favour, get me a copy of their 5" lathe cut from 2015. The only release I'm missing of this allstar band :-D


Good night

#Hellnation #Naxen #VerminWomb #CrypticVoid #RegurgitateSemen #ToLiveALie #SoundPollution #ClosedCasketActivities #Vendetta #FightForYourMind #Grindcore #BlackMetal

No comments: